So, I had my last two exams today (err, yesterday, it being 2 AM and all), and I am now entering summer vacation.
It’s kind of a strange feeling; I’ve now been at UD for as long as I was at any school since 5th grade, and when next semester starts it’ll have been longer. And I’m not sure what next semester will be like. I’m in a student apartment with a friend of mine and two people I don’t really know, and all of us are considered “intelligent”; it’ll be an interesting experience. Also, one of my closest friends is transferring to a school where she can be a music major; it will be strange not having her here. All in all next semester will almost certainly be more exciting than this one.
Anyway, these are my plans for the coming three months, in no particular order:
- Re-read the collected works of Gerard Manley Hopkins in preparation for my Junior Poet class
- Read Camus’ The Stranger, for no particular reason
- Read assorted books from Faulkner’s Yoknapatawpha County, again for no particular reason
- Re-read Shakespeare’s four major tragedies (Hamlet, Othello, Lear, Macbeth)
- Watch seasons 4-7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I’ve seen 1-3 this semester)
- Somehow obtain Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 and watch them
- Finish my Wild Era Orbivm campaign, decide if I want to start another one or if I’m done writing campaigns for Wesnoth
- Finish at least the prologue and first chapter of the book I’ve started writing, and perhaps complete another short story (I’m finally getting serious about this writing thing)
- Take Calculus III so I don’t have to take it during the school year
So, this is what will occupy my time, for the most part. (Perhaps) noticeably absent from this list is, getting a job. It’s not that I would mind getting a job and making money; I just don’t expect it to happen. I really have no marketable skills. I like talking about literature and philosophy and mathematics. If anyone wants to hire me to do that, I’m in. Otherwise…
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. Coming up next: something about copyright and the Pirate Bay trial.