Final exams were yesterday, two days ago, and last friday. So now it’s Christmas Break (though everyone else in my family except my dad is on “winter break”), and I’m going to have a bunch of free time here at home.
There’s not a lot to say on the subject. Normally I would be happy that I don’t have to do any work for two weeks. But this year, the break is going to get pretty boring, and I’m going to be stuck at home with a bunch of annoying siblings.
But, in any case, hopefully I’ll be able to get a lot of Orbivm-related stuff done during the break. Maybe we’ll even be able to organize an Imperial Era showdown on the Wesnoth server.
Anyway, these are my goals over Christmas Break:
- Apply to college. This comes first. I want to get this damn process done with. It shouldn’t take long (my apps are basically done), but you never know. I’ve ran into a few technological hitches already.
- Release a rudimentary version of the Ancient Era. It will probably contain the Keltoi, the Laviniani, and the Ancient Dwarves. (These are, from what I can tell, the three easiest factions to scratch together at this point.)
- Release Imperial Era 0.15. It will contain the redone Lavinian and Nemidian sprites, and probably the Knalgan-ish faction I’ve been promising for a few months.
- Finish up Fall of Silvium. It’s been sitting at 0.3 for a while now, and all it needs are a few polishes for it to get to 1.0. I have a bad habit of stopping work on a campaign as soon as it is playable all the way through.
- Finish up at least the first third of Alfhelm (this may require adding another scenario so that there isn’t such a sudden transition between “backwater swampland” and “lord of all the marauder people”), then release it on the campaign server.
Knowing me, I’ll probably get about half of these things done.